8.21.2008

New Car, Caviar, Four-Star Daydream, Think I'll Buy Me a Football Team

(Pink Floyd, Money)

/exhale

Thank you, St. Louis Rams, from the bottom of my wallet. Steven Jackson, my first round draft pick in my Chicken & Waffles league fantasy football draft a few weeks ago, has finally gotten the new contract he's been holding out for and reported to training camp.

This guy has the potential to have an absolutely HUGE season. I'm talking awesome numbers. Unfortunately, he's only got another 2 weeks to get himself up to speed with the offense before the season starts. I will say that the Rams did the right thing by paying him big money (up to $49.3 million!!), because he is the best thing they've got going, though I do wish he hadn't been such a punk and refused to report to camp until he signed an extension. I have to believe most of that was his agent's fault, but still, what ever happened to a contract binding both parties?? Why do athletes think it's ok to just refuse to play until their contract is renegotiated? What if a team decided not to pay the player until they scored more touchdowns?

Either way, welcome back, Mr. Jackson. Now get your ass ready for the Eagles.