2.28.2008

There's a Lot of Honey In This World, Baby, This Honey's For Me

(R.E.M., Me in Honey)

I know this is probably very Peter King-esque of me, but I have to talk about the coffee I had this morning. I stopped at the Starbucks right outside of the MARTA station at Peachtree Center this morning after getting off the train, because it was like 30 degrees and I couldn't walk a block and a half to my office without something warm in my (gloved) hands. Also, I had some value left on a Starbucks card I'd received as a gift, so I figured I'd indulge. I walked in thinking I'd just get a regular coffee, or possibly a redeye, but then I saw their new "special" drink they're promoting.

The Honey Latte.

Man, it was good. It was predictably very sweet, but that was fine with me, because that just meant I didn't have to sweeten it myself. And I'm certainly not one to shy away from the 2 shots of espresso in it. It wasn't as good as the Maple Macchiato I became moderately addicted to last winter, but it was a decent substitute. And it seems honey is making a comeback of sorts, in various forms. Interesting, but not at 8 a.m. on a Thursday.