5.14.2008

And Bait and Bows and Sows and Troughs. I've Coughed Enough and I've Walked As Much.

(Tapes n' Tapes, Just Drums)

I'm a regular reader of Pop Candy, which is USA Today's pop culture blog. Whitney Matheson, the blog's writer, has just about the best job in the world, which is, from what I can gather, to watch TV, listen to music, go to movies, and just surf the web and have fun. And every so often, go do some sort of music or film festival. This is more fun than any human being should be allowed to have, and the rest of us should feel lucky that she shares it with the rest of us, bit by tasty bit.

Her latest offering is Mixwit, where you can create your own mixtape online and post it to your own blog or website, or just email it out to friends. Her first attempt (which is WAY better than mine) is "Lost Candy," featuring music that has appeared on Lost. (She's a junkie for the show as well.) Mine is, well, I'm sure you can figure it out. Just click on the tape to play. And the tape actually plays!!

I have no doubt that this might be a regular feature. Sort of like my own podcast, only, not nearly as cool.