3.16.2008

I Make the Bed, I Change the Sheets, I Even Learned How to Use the Washing Machine

(Wilco, Hate It Here)

Amanda left for D.C. yesterday morning, and I am so bored. I mean, I've had a ton of basketball to watch yesterday, and this afternoon, and I've gotten a lot of work done. I also did 3 loads of laundry, went to the grocery store, did the dishes, and I'm actually hoping to iron some shirts. I've also listened to a bunch of new music I picked up from a friend at work, and I'm sure I'll end up posting some of that soon, but man, when she leaves me to my own devices, I either get a lot of stuff done, or I end up eating popcorn and snickers bars for dinner. This weekend, thankfully, it was the former.

Right now I'm watching 3:10 To Yuma, and it's pretty good. I didn't think I was a big fan of westerns, other than Tombstone, and my feelings about Russell Crowe haven't changed in close to a decade. He's a great actor, but why does he have to be such a grumpy son of a bitch all the time? Would it kill him to smile? Ever? Amanda and I saw American Gangster in the theater back in the fall, and that's the first of his movies I've seen in the theater. I will always rent them or watch them on tv, but I had a moratorium on paying for his box office intake, but I lifted it for American Gangster, which I enjoyed. The dude is in some good movies, that's for sure. It's just too bad he's such a douche.

Texas played a hell of a game against Kansas today, but ended up losing the Big XII Tournament. We ultimately scored a 2 seed in the South region, though, which gives us games in Little Rock, Houston, and San Antonio, should we get that far. That's pretty damn awesome, if you ask me. Unfortunately, we play Friday, and I don't think I'll be able to see the first round game.

Ok, I'm done rambling. The rest of this movie's all that stands between me and hitting the sack. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to some of this new music.