3.19.2008

I Went Down to Houston and I Stopped in San Antone

(Ryan Adams, My Sweet Carolina)

Ok, so my "mascot bracket" post might not have been as funny as I thought while writing it, though in my defense, it all made sense in my mind at the time. But with the NCAA Tournament starting tomorrow, I'm going to go ahead and get my predictions out there. Normally I end up going for the upset picks, and sometimes I nail them, but usually I lose at least one, sometimes as many as three, of my final four teams in the first weekend of the tournament. Hopefully not this year, as I've pretty much stuck with the higher seeds to advance to the later rounds.

East Region
Sweet 16:
1. North Carolina over Arkansas
2. Notre Dame over Washington State
3. Louisville over Oklahoma
4. Tennessee over South Alabama

Final Four - Tennessee over North Carolina. I know, they're playing in Charlotte. I don't care.

Midwest Region
Sweet 16:
1. Kansas over Kent State
2. Vanderbilt over Clemson
3. Wisconsin over USC
4. Georgetown over Davidson

Final Four - Kansas over Georgetown.

South Region
Sweet 16:
1. Memphis over Mississippi State (this will be one of the better games of the tournament)
2. Pittsburgh over Michigan State
3. Stanford over Marquette
4. Texas over St. Mary's

Final Four - Texas over Memphis. Game's in Houston. That's gonna be a huge factor.

West Region
Sweet 16:
1. UCLA over Texas A&M
2. Drake over Connecticut
3. Baylor over Xavier (my only major upset in the entire field)
4. Duke over Arizona

Final Four - UCLA over Duke.

Of course, the idealist in me has a Kansas v. Texas finals, in the rematch to end all rematches. Texas wins in San Antonio, 84-78. Book it.