3.15.2008

Sirens Were Blowing, Clouds Spat Rain

(Drive By Truckers, Tornadoes)

I'm sure everyone already knows this, but we've had some pretty nasty weather here in the ATL over the past 24 hours or so. Last night a freaking tornado touched hit downtown, tearing part of the roof off of the Georgia Dome during the SEC Tournament, in the middle of overtime between Mississippi State and Alabama. State ended up winning the game, after a weather delay of over an hour. For an indoor basketball game.

Amanda and I had no idea what was going on at the time, other than just thunderstorms. We were home watching Michael Clayton (which was awesome, btw), and our power went out for a few minutes, but came back on and we finished the movie, before checking on the game and learning about the tornado.

We were supposed to get more of the same this afternoon, and I was told there were sirens going off up in Woodstock earlier. I decided it probably wasn't a good idea for me to drive up for Stella's birthday party, which I felt bad about, but better safe than sorry. We also heard sirens here in town, after the Texas game was over with. It rained pretty hard a couple times today, but as far as I know, no tornadoes.

I know nobody is turning to "Deep Chrome Canyons" for breaking weather news, or really news of any kind, but I just figured out how to post mp3 files on this here blog, and I figured there probably wouldn't ever be a more appropriate time to post Tornadoes, by the Drive-By Truckers. It's is an awesome song, so if you're interested, give it a listen by clicking on the link above. Whenever possible, I think I'm going to post the song that the title lyric comes from, rather than just citing the song. This is pretty exciting for me. Possibly not so much for you. I'm fine with that.