3.11.2008

Won't You Let Me Make You a Deal? (Just Get Behind the Wheel.)

(Wilco, Passenger Side)

Went to two birthday parties on Saturday. The second was a joint birthday party for Amanda, Marci and Sarah. Lots of fun, and thanks to daylight savings time, we didn't get home until 4am. We'd had a few, and we didn't want to shell out for a cab, so we called Zingo. This was pretty awesome. I'd heard about it before but never taken it. They send someone to wherever you are, on a little Italian scooter that the guy folds up and sticks in your trunk. Then he drives you home in your own car, and takes off again on his scooter. After you pay him. All in all, a great service, especially since your car is at your house when you wake up, instead of having to go get it the next morning.

The afternoon party was the first first-birthday party I think I've ever been to. It was adorable. Just a bunch of babies all over the place. I was afraid to step anywhere. This kid is just adorable though. Spencer and Lani are good friends of mine, and I'd certainly never steal a baby, but if I did, Shira's the leading candidate. I mean, come ON! How cute is this??